Becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner is one of the most rewarding career moves you can make in the healthcare field. You’ll make a significant impact on patients’ lives, build strong relationships with your patients, and be there to offer guidance regarding wellness and any health challenges they may encounter. As an FNP, you’ll take on the responsibility to address patient concerns across the lifespan, and be trained in multiple advanced practice areas.
We encourage licensed RNs to take the next step in their nursing journey and apply to our MSN-FNP program. Tuition for our program is competitive and our team is here to answer any financial aid and tuition questions you might have. Visit our MSN-FNP tuition page for more info.
Our program is cohort-based and each cohort is kept small so we can offer you personal attention and guidance. We offer rolling admissions and accept qualified students as they apply. We therefore encourage you to apply early before seats fill up. Review the application guidelines below and be mindful of upcoming deadlines. We look forward to reviewing your application and welcoming driven, qualified nursing master’s candidates into our program.
We have three different cohorts that begin in either July, November, or March, so you can apply for the cohort that works best for your schedule. Submit all required information to the Office of Admissions no later than the deadline.
Now Enrolling! First Cohort Starts March 1.
We are admitting our first cohort of students this year, with a program start date of February 28th. We will be admitting students up until February 27th, although you’ll need to submit your application at least a week before this date.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Application Deadline for July 2022 Start
Application Deadline for November 2022 Start
Application Deadline for March 2023 Start
To apply, you’ll need to be a resident of Illinois, and hold an unencumbered Illinois nursing license. Residents of other states, who hold an unencumbered license may apply, but out of state students must identify if Touro College is recognized as an approved program in the state in which they reside by the state board of nursing. If you plan to complete the practicum experience in the state of Illinois, you will need to have an Illinois nursing license.
To be considered for acceptance in the MSN-FNP program, you should meet the following admission requirements:
- Have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA of 2.7 will be considered for conditional admission and will be required to maintain a GPA of 3.0 in the first trimester of the MSN program.
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing accredited by CCNE, NLNAC, ACEN, or CNEA.
- Hold an active, unencumbered RN license.
- Must comply with the required Nursing Technical Standards and Good Moral Character Behavior Policy, which includes the physical, emotional, and mental abilities necessary to perform as a nurse.
- Have a current CPR-American Heart Association certification at the healthcare provider level prior to entry into clinical courses.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- If submitting foreign transcript evaluations, they must be provided by a NACES approved organization such as WES (World Education Services).
The following are required, but will be collected at the beginning of the second year of the program to make sure they are up-to-date for your clinical experiences:
- Pass a Level I criminal background check and drug screen.
- Submit an immunization record of vaccination against Hepatitis A and B, Varicella, MMR, Tetanus Diphtheria booster (TD) and 2-step TB screen.
- Private malpractice insurance
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed and students are accepted on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled. To complete your application, you will need:
- Non-refundable $50 application fee (waived for the February 2022 cohort)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, indicating award of Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent)
- Two letters of reference from previous employers or instructors
- 500 word personal statement that reflects upon your values and motivation for seeking an MSN-FNP degree
To being applying online, please visit apply.touro.edu and select the following under “Academic Plan”:
- Under Location choose: Touro College Illinois
- Under School/College choose: Department of Nursing
- Under Degree Program choose: MS in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner
- Under Matriculation Status choose: Yes
- Under Major/Department choose: MS in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner (Fall Start)