Cybersecurity Workshop (For Beginners)
Cybersecurity is one of the hottest and most important fields in today’s digital-focused world. Cybersecurity protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the computing systems, networks, and data that society depends upon.
Touro College Illinois’ (TCIL) free Cybersecurity Workshop for Beginners will enable anyone interested in cybersecurity to learn the foundational concepts in the field. If you don’t have the technical background needed for a graduate level program, this workshop series will help you get started.
Ready to Register?
- Each webinar is a one-hour live presentation with a cybersecurity expert
- There are six sessions, starting Wednesday July 21 at 1pm ET/ 12pm CT, and taking place at that time each Wednesday through August 25.
- Although we encourage attending all six sessions, you’re welcome to attend just one session or as many as you like.
Who is the workshop for?
- Computer professional looking to expand your breadth of knowledge and branch into the field
- Individuals considering a career change
- Individuals without prior technology knowledge, eager to see what’s out there
- If you have a bachelor’s or are close to graduating with one.
What You'll Learn in Our Cybersecurity Workshop:
- Learn about a field that’s in demand right now and its foundational knowledge
- Increase hands-on computing skills in Metasploit and other crucial cybersecurity tools
- We will prepare you for advanced training at TCIL
- Network with field leaders
Upon completion of a cybersecurity workshop you will:
- Receive career counseling from field experts
- Have a better understanding of cybersecurity technology
- Receive scholarship opportunities to further education at TCIL
Cybersecurity Workshops Are Taught By:
Michael Sieffert leads a team of researchers and developers creating novel defensive cybersecurity solutions at Assured Information Security, Inc., in Rome NY. He has degrees in computer science from Syracuse University (MS) and Binghamton University (BS).